Issues with At2020 mic

jacceb

So i bought the At2020 mic a while ago but i can't get it to work. I have it connected to a M-track 2x2 with an xlr-cable. The M-track is connected to the computer through an usb-c to usb cable. But whatever i do i can't seem to get any response from the mic what's so ever. The m-track 2x2 however is visible on my computer and seem to be working correctly. This is how it looks: Gyazo - c665048f9a40f1e95df5bcf14fddb3da.png. And before you ask, yes i have the 48v mode on, on the m-track. Anybody knows what wrong? Is the mic just defect? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance:)

Just to be sure and I know you said, 'connected to a M-track 2x2 with an xlr-cable'.... are you using an XLR to XLR cable and not an XLR to 1/4". An XLR to 1/4" will not provide 48v phantom to the mic. If it is XLR to XLR, do you have a spare cable you can try, cables can go bad.

Headphones into the M-Track, can you hear the mic?

Have you installed the drivers for the M-Track and what are you using for a DAW recording program?

Like, i've been trying to fix this for more than a month. It's been keeping me awake at night. But you solved it, just like that. After an intense google search i realized, ITS A 1/4. Cheers mate.

Back