Which Inteface is better?

atifkt

Banned
I've finally decided to buy an audio interface for my microphone.

Which is better?

Maudio Mobile Pre or the MAudio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface.
And are they both usb compatible so i can connect them to my pc and do they provide phatom power through usb for condenser microphones?

And if you can find much better interfaces on this page please tell me. Please check out all there are many pages on this site

Buy Audio Interfaces Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India

I read from another forum that the mobile pre is 16 bit and the fast track is 24.
I'd go for the fast track out of the. two.

The Mobile Pre goes up to 24bit/48kHz.

I actually have a Mobile pre that I use for location stuff and also running measurement mics into SMAART for setting up live systems. The big advantage is that it's bus powered from the USB and doesn't need external power.

However, if you don't need that aspect, I'd go for the Fast Track Pro which has more options for monitoring, MIDI, etc. It's probably the better unit for studio (or home studio) recording.

Sound wise they'll be similar. It's down to the features that mean the most to you.

As you said " big advantage is that it's bus powered from the USB and doesn't need external power. " so i though fastrack pro required external power

Yes, the Fast Track Pro does need external power....it's just a typical "wall wart" AC adaptor the plugs into the back of the interface.

The Mobile Pre doesn't have the external power input--it picks up its power from the USB which is great for mobile recording but the low voltage and current can also be a bit limiting in terms of features.

However, both plug into your computer via a USB2 cable.

Atifkt you should see a vast improvement in your recordings when you get an interface good luck.
You know it makes sense

From the Maudio Website about the Fast Track Pro;

"powered via USB or optional AC power adapter" and "USB connection and bus power along with ......."

I've got a feeling it's a bit like the Fast Track Ultra where it will run from USB bus power but to use all the features you need to plug it in via the wall wart (i.e on the Fast Track Ultra you can use the first two preamps with phantom power via the USB bus power, but to use the other in's with phantom power you have to plug it in to the wall)

Thinking about it, I believe you're right. The main thing is that the Mobile Pre doesn't have the option of an external DC power supply while the Fast Track Pro does--and the Fast Track Pro has more inputs, facilities for monitoring, etc.

Which Interface should I go for?
Finally I've money saved up for an Interface. I made a list of interface . Please tell me Which one I should go for from the list below. I've an xlr dynamic microphone and will use it for recording raps in my computer.
As I'm from India the interface costs almost double of its original price so please answer after thinking a bit And the interface you tell also tell if it is usb compatible and provides phantom power or not. The mic I currently have came with xlr to 1/4 jack. Will this cable Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Samson Tourtek TM10 Microphone Cable - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India work for connecting to the following interface

* Maudio Fastrack MKII
* Alesis iO2 Express Audio Interface
* Maudio Mobile Pre
* Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB 2.0 ( The site says it's an award winning Interface )
* TASCAM US-144MKII USB 2.0 4-channel Audio/MIDI Interface

If you dont find any of the above good. Check the site Buy Audio Interfaces Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India and tell the good interface from there. It's my hard saved up money so please give the best choice! MAKE SURE THE PRICE IS LESS THAN RS. 13000

Back