Insanely Good Deal????

MDMStudio

So, long story short, I found a "studio pack" on BestBuy Canada for a CAD GXL2200BP. The picture only shows the microphone so I didn't really think much of it for a long time. Come to find in a description of the mic that this studio pack also includes the GXL2200BP a GXL1200, a shock mount, a pop filter AND a pair of MH110 headphones...FOR $110. That's less than the GXL2200 costs on its own! I found the exact same package on ebay for $277 so I'm assuming it's a great deal. Just wondering if anybody sees any red flags here or if I should lower my expectations for what I'm about to receive.

Here's the link.
CAD Audio Cardioid Condenser Microphone Studio Pack (GXL2200BP) - English : Condenser Mics - Best Buy Canada

Ok - I say buy the thing and see how it works. For a hundred Canadian it's a bargain. Fiddle with it and get the best sound you can while you're learning about recording. When you have more bucks, sell them (or keep them) and buy a more expensive one.

Yeah so it's looking like a mistake on the ad, so I'll see what shows up, either the BP on its own or the BP studio pack. If the studio pack DOESN'T show up, I have screenshots saved with those details/description saying that it includes the others, which would be false advertising so I'll likely get something out of it.

WELL turns out arcaxis was right, it was too good to be true. Upon arrival I found only the CAD GXL2200BP, while this was something I was pretty much expecting, the ad still says that it includes both mics and all the additional gear. SO it's time to call up customer service until I get what has been advertised.

If you're in Canada, there's no better deals for great quality mics and headphones than this source (direct from the distributor):
Isk Pro Audio – iSK Pro Audio

...their B2 Beauty Tube mic is outstanding, as is their SDC mics, the Pearl and Little Gem...the HD9999 headphones are also exceptional quality...highly recommended!

Looks like I won't be getting the equipment I ordered. Beware of Best Buy's "misprint" policy... Guess I learned the hard way, I was offered a refund + 10% off my next purchase which won't even cover tax, making it hardly worth the hassle. Oh well.. Won't be buying from BestBuy ever again!

I am so sorry for your disappointment. I hate when companies does that. But you are in the right direction... the best thing a consumer can do in such situation is not buy at the store anymore and spread the case for most people as possible.

:cursing:

Back