Info on CAD M39

nick6572

I bought one of these a GC on a close out last year for $129. To date it is the only condenser mic I have used. It actually sounds pretty good on vocals. I am conseriding upgrading but don't know what this mic compares to or what it origionally sold for. Anyone have any experience with this mic?

The M39 is a very good mic. Period. You do mean the 39 and not the 37, right? The 39 is just plain solid, versatile with its patterns and pad, and very clean. Kinda hard to find these days (at least under that name, the 179, though, can be found rather easily. it's the same mic, if I understand it properly). used to go for about 300, I think. If I could get an M39 for 130, I'd certainly jump on it, and ask if I could get a second while I'm at it.

I've gotta say, though, I've been on such a CAD kick lately. Quite a while ago, I was enamored by what I could get with an E-100. Nowadays, I'm just loving my friend's M179s, and I'm rather fond of my stereo matched CAD GXL1200s...

I think it's a very good and versatile mic to have around. Highly under-rated; best mic you could have gotten for $129, imnsho.

The only thing I don't like it on is accoustic guitar. As a really good, inexpensive compliment to that, I would grab a Marshall mxl 603 to use on accoustic guitars, mandolin and the like -- if you ever track that sort of thing.

Yes it is the M39 with the multipatern option. I bought the diplay model at the 4th of July sale at GC here in Phoenix. I thought it listed for about $600 so that means it would sell for probably $300. I have had good results on vocal tracks and as a room mic but for accoustic guitar it's a little weak. I just orderded a pair of the MXL 603's yesterday and am eager to try the on guitar and for drum overheads. So in order to upgrade, I guess I'd have to buy in the $500 range.

I have 6 BRAND NEW OLD STOCK that I'm looking to sell for $130 each. Let me know if you're interested.

Back