I'm having a hell of a time with Mics. Can you tell me how I sound for doing a YT?

Kane Hart

So I got a new mic and I feel like I sound worse then better went from high pitch to base.

Here is a example clip: youtube com/watch?v=1HFtBiL4lrI

Here is what my old mic sounded like: youtube com/watch?v=7h5u4q8ypJo

So the problem I'm hoping is most of it is because I can't stand my voice and not that the mic just broken and suck period. Anyways let me know how bad it is it even enjoyable or is it so bad you have to turn off your speakers our put away your headset?

Please god tell me it sounds ok lol, also sorry about broken url's you need to add periods in for youtube I guess to prevent spammers you need 10 posts :)

The old mic sounded pretty bad. The new one is great, but it sounds like you are clipping (overdriving) the mic by having the gain on the mic too high. That's what is causing the distorted fuzziness you hear on the tops of your words.

Ive owned the blue yeti and thousands of dollars worth of mics. The blue yeti is very good for what youre doing. do not try to upgrade. No mics will make you sound natural. They all have pluses and minuses.

Use a 3 band EQ. Lower the bass and up the mids and trple some. This will livin your voice up with the yeti. You end up doing this with almost all mics. Also, use a compressor to ensure youre audio is loud enough. Do not overdrive it after you normalized it because yes sometiems youre screaming into the mic and sometimes you arent so you need to use a compressor to make it all equally loud.

As I said above. Do not upgrade your mic because you are not happy with how you sound. The yeti is one of the best mics ive used and ive uesed all the audio technicas at2020 at2035 at4040 re20 re27 re320 sm7b nt1a mk4 sm58 sm57 nd767a etc. the at4040 and re20 were pretty good. sm7b sounded bogged down and cottony. nt1a was also not that bad. mics are all different. blue yeti is one of the best. they all have their issues.

try settings like in my attachment

Untitled.jpg

Ive owned the blue yeti and thousands of dollars worth of mics. The blue yeti is very good for what youre doing. do not try to upgrade. No mics will make you sound natural. They all have pluses and minuses.

Use a 3 band EQ. Lower the bass and up the mids and trple some. This will livin your voice up with the yeti. You end up doing this with almost all mics. Also, use a compressor to ensure youre audio is loud enough. Do not overdrive it after you normalized it because yes sometiems youre screaming into the mic and sometimes you arent so you need to use a compressor to make it all equally loud.

As I said above. Do not upgrade your mic because you are not happy with how you sound. The yeti is one of the best mics ive used and ive uesed all the audio technicas at2020 at2035 at4040 re20 re27 re320 sm7b nt1a mk4 sm58 sm57 nd767a etc. the at4040 and re20 were pretty good. sm7b sounded bogged down and cottony. nt1a was also not that bad. mics are all different. blue yeti is one of the best. they all have their issues.

View attachment 80833

Blue Yeti is the best? I think this runs against conventional wisdom. I have a Blue Yeti and other mics that cost a couple of hundred dollars and I can't say the Blue Yeti (if we are talking about the USB mic) is not "one of my best"

OP I think guitarplayr82 is on the right track.

View attachment 80833

PLZZZZ take a look at my new thread titled "Too much gain on the Blue Yeti?" ... I got my mic input almost all the way down and also the input in my DAW is at 1 % and it STILL sounds like its distorting.. I bought it for my 2nd studio. At my main studio I have a Samson GTrack which was cheaper but def seems to pick up better frequencies w no distortion.. lemme kno> heres link to my post https://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/microphones/too-much-gain-blue-yeti-359835/

Blue Yeti is the best? I think this runs against conventional wisdom. I have a Blue Yeti and other mics that cost a couple of hundred dollars and I can't say the Blue Yeti (if we are talking about the USB mic) is not "one of my best"

OP I think guitarplayr82 is on the right track.
its better than a at2020 usb. ive had a shure pg27 usb but it came broken. theres also a few chinese usb mics that i thought looked interesting. Samson GTrack listed below could be good. im just talking about in comparison to some of the xlr mics ive used that for what hes doing itsn ot a bad mic.

Back