if Sennheiser e609 is the best choice under $150 for electric gutar

serovan

:confused: I'm not rich, but at least i need two mics to record Hard rock and Heavy metal guitar tracks. I can't buy a mic which over $150. I am interesting in Sennheiser e609, i read introduction of it and found the price on http://www.musiciansfriend.com ----$99.99. it's a good price to me. but i didn't use it before, so i need some advice: If this gear is the best choice under $150 only for picking up Hard rock and Heavy metal guitar tracks? is it better for that two guitar styles than Shure SM57?

thanks a lot for giving me any advice. ;)

Last edited:
serovan said:
:confused: I'm not rich, but at least i need two mics to record Hard rock and Heavy metal guitar track. I neet buy a mic which over $150. I am interesting in Sennheiser e609, i read introduction of it and found the price on http://www.musiciansfriend.com ----$99.99. it's a good price to me. but i didn't use it before, so i need some advice: If this gear is the best choice under $150 only for picking up Hard rock and Heavy metal guitar track? is it better for that two guitar styles than Shure SM57?

thanks a lot for giving me any advice. ;)
The SM57 is a generalist microphone, fairly good for everything. You'll never mind having one in reserve. The E609 was built with micing loud guitar cabinets in mind, and has been doing so for years. I also have had fine experience with the Sennheiser line in general (I am not a guitarist). I would say go for it.

The 609 is a great mic for $100. I love mine, and it sounds great up close & that helps minimize bleed in loud situations. I thought it was great for $125, which is what I paid for mine.

:cool: to: NathanEldred, Innovations and boingoman

Thank you a lot. you guys gave me some valuable guides, then i did order two e609 in morning today.

Have a good time!

serovan said:
:cool: to: NathanEldred, Innovations and boingoman

Thank you a lot. you guys gave me some valuable guides, then i did order two e609 in morning today.

Have a good time!
Your're welcome, let us know your experience with them.

You will be very pleased with the results. I have used the senn for cabs in the studio and live. It does a great job through the PA as well

We're all talking the e609 silver, right? That has a different sound than the e609. I still think it beats the SM57 on guitar amps though.

Drummer4Life05 said:
Doesn't it work on snare drums too?
Yes, but sticks are a lot cheaper :D .

I've never used it on snare- it would probably sound good, but due to it's shape it might be hard to place.

I really don't like it on snare. At least if we're talking about the e609 silver, which we still haven't really established.

Back