I finally got my EV-635-A!

wallystripes

After nearly two months of patiantly (impatiantly at some points) waiting for my EV 635A I purchased online to arrived, today the mailman ringed my bell with some good news.

First, how can it take so long? I had ordered some stuff on ebay before and it had been shipped via USPS, took about 3 or 4 weeks to arrive.

Anyway, im very excited, it looks like a great mic and I will be trying it on different sources. Any suggestions?

Has anyone tried using it live on a snare or amp? Being omni I would think it would be a problem but everyone keeps talking about this mic in those apps-----------has me curious, maybe I need another mic to keep the other 60 company.

I've used it on both a good few times now but not live.

FWIW I never had a problem on snare; I could be wrong but I guess at such close proximity bleeds gonna happen one way or another.
The mic being omni didn't make so much of a difference that I'd call it a problem.

I used it on a snare, recording an afrofunk band LOTF and it worked well. Of course there is lots of bleed but that's not necessarily a bad thing, if you use it to your advantage.

Ok i tried it on my guitar cab. First I was kind of confused, the lack of proximity effect made it react in a way I wasnt expecting it to. After trying a couple of things I found it is a great cab mic, specially for rythm parts since it captures the freq you want, so it would be very easy to mix. I tried it in combination with my akg c4000b in cardioid pattern and results were really good too. A sound better suited for riffs or some lead stuff

Back