I fear that I might have damaged my Blue Yeti

bizoda

SoI had a new Blue Yeti Blackout edition, and while I loosened its side screws it fell backwards on its stand's shelf,

meaning the back side that has the gain and pattern control buttons rotated backwards because of the lack

of the side screws' pressure that are supposed to hold it in place(which can be manipulated to change the stand's

angle), so it didn't fell on the desktop but rather rotated backwards hitting the stand's shelf.

The microphone is heavy so a small crack was made on the stand's shelf, but what worries me the most is that the

microphone's quality has been damaged, as I started to worry about it even before using the microphone after that I think.

I can't tell if the quality has worsened or if it's a psychological reaction, is it likely that the microphone has been

damaged by it(Like its inner capsules) or is just a psychological reaction The grill itself hasn't been hit, it was this metal line beneath the grill(The line that is above the gain control button, if you have a blue yeti you could rotate it backwards and see exactly where) that hit the shelf, the grill itself has no visible cracks or anything on it.

I feel like the quality of the microphone has been a bit reduced, especially at 50% gain on Cardioid at a very close distance, but from what I can tell it was always noisy and problematic at 50% gain. My disorder obscures my my ability to tell reality in things like this.

Do a full check to make sure it is not only still working (making sound) but compare it to another microphone of the same model (if you can) to make sure it hasn't lost any quality of performance. If it feeds back easier (for example) then it is time to send it in for repair to AT. The inner capsule is shock mounted AND protected by the deformable outer wind screen. Chances are it is fine, and hitting wood is much more forgiving than concrete which would have scared the outer microphone case.
Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

Last edited:
Back