How do ADK Area 51TT & A48 compare?

Mr Funk

Anyone had the fortune to try out both of these mics from ADK? In what way do they sound different from one another? How do they compare to other tube mics?

I believe someone was going to be checking out some of the ADK mics soon. As this 'test' session happened yet?

Cheers

soory i haven't used either of these mics but i do have a ADK A51TC. its also a tube mic and it sounds great.. i use to use a TLM193 as my main vox mic and the a51Tc sounds so much cleaner. i usually don't have to eq much with the ADK. a hi pass at 80 or 100hz and a slight cut here and there and my vox sounds great.. with the tlm193 i found my self boosting a lot..

I tried them both out at Summer NAMM this year. I didn't see the A51TT, but the "Commemorative Edition" of the A51TT (called the A51CE) was set up along with the A48 and a few others. I remember liking the A51CE much better on my voice than the A48, but I don't remember why. The CE has a different case and tube than the 'TT, but supposedly, you can replace the tube in the 'TT and get real close to the 'CE's sound.

The A48 was no slouch, though, and I'm sure it would work great on lots of stuff!

Back