How 'bout that Apex 430? How 'bout them Cubbies!

Stinky

Okay, the baseball part is kind of a sideline comment.

Has anyone had any experience or heard any info. on the APEX 430 large diaphragm mic?

A buddy of mine got an Art Tube MP, the Apex 430 mic and nifty shock mount at MARS for $200 (But now they're out and I can't find it on the website).Also, I can't find any info. on Apex when I did a system search on this site's BBS.

Why do they call it "candy corn" when it's completely uncorn-like in shape, texture and taste?

Thanks and Keep Onna Rockin'---Stinky:p ;) :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :confused: :D :) :( :o :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes:

P.S. These get used way too much:rolleyes: :cool: :mad: ;) :o :(

I have an Apex 430, it is probably my favorite mic I own. Sounds great on my voice. Watch for the East Coast Jam MP3 that MrQ will be posting. I ran my PRS CE22 through my Fender Prosonic mic'd with my Apex 430 for that. I'm sure it's the best sounding guitar on there ;) , but really, because I was using the only large diaphragm mic for a guitar amp.

H2H

So, what other mics do you own which you've compared with the Apex?

Do other folks know about this mic? Do you have any comments or stories you've heard from other people?

Besides the fact I'm a newbie, why haven't I heard about this mic.

Thanks a lot and keep rockin'---Stinky

I have some 420's which is the multi pattern version of that mic (cardiod and omni). I like the mic but the top end is a little hyped. All in all a decent mic for the price. If you have a nice sounding room I like using them in omni mode and putting them on tom toms around a drum kit.

Back