Home Recording (Really Cheap) HELP ME!!!

CameronEtherton

OK so I just purchased a set of sc140 t.bone condensers with a stereo bar and al that bling I also purchased a few other things like leads a bass head and a mixer etc etc... But I only have about £80 left I will probably have about £100 soon but I'm looking for a tasty bass mic I was thinking a PG52 but I aren't completley sure;) And I don't have a huge budget cause we are just a band of 14 year olds:)

I'd go with the D112 because it can get a great sound on bass as well as kick drum. The PG52 can be a bit hard to get a great kick sound out of (though I quite like it paired with another mic in the kick). I'm not sure if you're planning on recording live drums ever, but if you do at least you'll have a great kick mic already at your disposal :)

if it's just for bass guitar a decent DI box would do wonders and would be well within your budget. if you plan on recording a kick drum as well the D112 is more than usable and pretty easy to work with. i've only used the PG52 once live on a kick drum and it was fine and i've seen some good reviews in terms of using it on bass

I guess we're talking dynamic mics: You can generally find a AKG D112 or an Audix D6 on CraigsList for a negotiated $100 if you're patient and persistent, so a Beta 52 might also be available for that price. Maybe even an EV N/D868. AT-25 mics go for around $50 on eBay. A brand new EV PL33 is worth the $100 but the might be available cheaper used because they were previously part of a set of four drum mics that sold new for $100 (EV PL DK4, currently priced at $380).

Paj
8^)

Back