hmmmm...NT2 for drum overheads?

ruebarb

I picked up a cheap 2nd NT2 and now I'm thinking the two mics might be better for overheads then my MC012's - which have always felt better as Guitar mic's or hi hat mics anyway.

What do you guys think...anyone tried it before?

RB

I dunno....

...I don't see why not!

I used a single NT1 as a mono overhead and thought it was pretty cool sounding.....I would almost expect the NT2 to be better. I suppose the results will be directly effected by whether or not you have mics on everything else or if you are using Oheads to pick up snare and toms as well.

Someone will know ahell of a lot more than me but this is my 2 cents anyway.:)

heylow
Rock Jedi/Indie Snob
www.heylowsoundsystem.net

that's another reason

I'd like to decrease my dependance on tom mics....I'm hoping these mics might pick them up a bit better.

RB

I have used my NT2 as an overhead, along with my radio Shack sd condenser and I thought the Radio Shack mic was better (just on it's own). The NT2 sounded really good with the Radio Shack mic as the RS mic picked up more of the cymbals and crack of the snare and the NT2 picked up more of the meat of the snare and the lows on the toms. So try a combo with you NT2 and CM012, it probably won't be a perfect stereo image and you may have to play with the panning and volume to get the kit centered but it should sound pretty cool, I know I liked it.

-tkr

Back