hey..could i get some experts to look at this mic spec.....

lol...yeah well...

i was more interested in the freq. differences...i'm more of a musician than a recording guru lol..so i was just curious about the specs of the mic...i've used it along with others and it's not too bad sounding..

As a musician, you should realize that it's the sound that matters, not the spec.

That's how I found out that I'm more musician than electronics engineer. I hate to look at specs...

Track Rat might have a point, but look at the love-fest for Behringer mikes all the sudden. Wait till someone discovers Radio Shack mikes. It will go something like this-

Dude....you've got to have the new Radio Shack TD-15 condenser......it blows my Neumanns and AKGs out of the water.:eek:

Out of the water??

The dude that puts them in should be FORCED to use radio shack mics...

:p

That's how I found out that I'm more musician than electronics engineer. I hate to look at specs...

me too roel.....that's why i was asking someone with more experience than me to decipher them lol...just plug me in and let me play.....i have come to realize that the player makes a huge difference in how a recording sounds...for example just using a different pick will give a different sound...oh the madness!! lol

doing all this alone kinda sucks.....distracts me from writing and playing somewhat...i wish i could record my tracks in n-track and send the file out for mixing lol..

this is the only place I know of that has folks with enough sense/experience to analyze the mic specs....i've learned a lot just reading through this forum...:D

no big deal really...i was just wondering about the mic...:p

Wide Awake said:
Track Rat might have a point, but look at the love-fest for Behringer mikes all the sudden. Wait till someone discovers Radio Shack mikes.
I don't think it's exactly a "love-fest" if you're talking about the Behringer ECM8000. It tests out exactly like the Audix TR-40 ($250), except it sells for $35 retail. Yeah, when I find that kinda deal, I'll tell people about it. I'm checking it out pretty thoroughly, and so far, it's turning out to be a great mic. And that's the only Behringer mic I've recommended.

I'm not the kind of guy to jump on a bandwagon. Hell at 64, I'm getting too old to jump on anything these days.

As far as Radio Shack microphones are concerned, at one point (many years ago), they were selling a small cardioid condensor mic that was made for them by Sony, and it easily equaled the Sony ECM-22 once you put in a 12 volt battery in place of the 1.5 volt unit.

I was just kidding Harvey....I've been following the ECM8000 thread closely. I'm not buying one because I'm still set on buying the Oktava MC012's, but I'd consider using/buying any mic on the market myself.....even Radio Shack. Didn't they used to sell a PZM mic manufactured by Crown ? I've heard good things about it whatever it was.

But WideAwake...........$35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on !!!

You can get your Ocktava's AND , for a price of 2-fifths
of Jack Daniels and a 6-pack of Buds,get your self a nice omni!!

As a matter a fact, I'm placing an order for you right now!!!!
Get your money ready!!!

You're probably right Q. I was just about to tell you that I wanted the MC012's because they have the omni and cardoid capsules. The ECM8000's are omni. Doh ! I'm heading over to Musicians Friend website or whomever has them and check it out just like a good gear-junky.

Not much there to trash. Pretty straight forward copy of an SM-58 with a more powerful magnet assembly and probably a stamped titanium diaphragm (instead of mylar). Titanium fractures easily and there is probably some ringing somewhere that they're not telling you about.

Hand drawn frequency response curves and not much data. Probably a combination of a foam and cloth screen inside the ball. What did you wanna know about it?

pretty much what you said..thanks.

more powerful magnet assembly and probably a stamped titanium diaphragm (instead of mylar). Titanium fractures easily and there is probably some ringing somewhere that they're not telling you about.

i've never noticed a ringing...what do you meant by that?

just curious...thanks:p

Originally posted by CDT-sHaG i've never noticed a ringing...what do you meant by that?

just curious...thanks:p
Titanium is pretty brittle, and if it rings, it'll be up above about 2500 Hz. If you have a sweep record or an oscillator, connect it to your monitor speaker and sweep from 2500 to 12kHz slowly while watching a meter showing the signal the mic is getting. Look for a spike in the response that's way louder than the other frequencies.[/B]

Back