Heres your lucky day, jump fast...

tubedude

2 Pairs of Sennheiser BlackFire 541's (Md441) in the cave for $500 a pair.
I might split a pair with someone if they are interested, but I'll be a week or two on my end.

I tried to PM you but your box is full, this is basically what i was asking.

With these mics, are the black ones just as good as the silver ones that everyone is raving about? How everyone is saying they are an incredible mic, blah blah (in a lot of posts lately)? And is 250 per mic a good price? That's 333 Canadian, no taxes or anything so it would be like 350-360 with shipping? Pretty good considering a SP C1 would be 450 locally without tax...

What do you think? Are these good for vocals and guitar and everything? I don't have many mics so it would have to do a LOT. And i'm hoping to get a cheap dmp3, right now i only have an ART studio mp. It would cost me about 300 Canadian locally new, but if i could get one of those 129 US ones that would be sweet.

ambi said:
That thing at guitar center.... nevermind. I guess that's not really and official deal.

I just picked one up for 119 US about 30 minutes ago. All I asked was, do you offer the same price as other GC's? They said yea. The San Marcos, Cali GC sold a couple at this price. They checked it out, and I walked out with one for 125.99 after tax. I really don't need one though.

It'll probably just sit around until I figure out how best to use it.

kt

That price is EXCELLENT, and considering the price you are looking at the other mic for, you are practically robbing someone.
Mine is a blackfire also. It has a high lift swtich, but was designed for live work mainly (no glare black surface, no bass roll-off) but is the exact same capsule and electronics and body. Same mic without a rolloff and its black.
Price is just fine, and its alost a collectors item.
Your pre will need lots of gain, thats about it.
Peace.

I tried to PM you but your box is full, this is basically what i was asking.

With these mics, are the black ones just as good as the silver ones that everyone is raving about? How everyone is saying they are an incredible mic, blah blah (in a lot of posts lately)? And is 250 per mic a good price? That's 333 Canadian, no taxes or anything so it would be like 350-360 with shipping? Pretty good considering a SP C1 would be 450 locally without tax...

What do you think? Are these good for vocals and guitar and everything? I don't have many mics so it would have to do a LOT. And i'm hoping to get a cheap dmp3, right now i only have an ART studio mp. It would cost me about 300 Canadian locally new, but if i could get one of those 129 US ones that would be sweet.

The BF 541 is exactly the same as the MD 441 other than the BF version does not have the bass roll-off filter.

I've got a Blackfire 541 and an MD 441 U3. As far as I can tell they're identical. Both black. They do have high pass filter switches but they're 2 position toggle switches, not the 5 or 6 way rotary switch the silver 441's have.

I think I read somewhere that the Blackfire was a reissue of the older 441, circa the '80's.

Back