HELP with VINTAGE His Master's Voice microphone

smadgos

Hello guys,
hopefully i am posting this one in the correct forum,
I recently bought an HMV microphone but can not find any similar items online.
It is apx 17cm tall
Can anyone give me a approximate date? value? please share your thoughts! any info would be HIGHLY appriciated :)

THANK YOU :thumbs up:
112.jpg113.jpg

Its value is probably just looking cool. A collector might pay for that. They might suddenly be going for big bucks, one never knows. Collectables are more of a market price than value

The gramophone and dog, is associated with RCA(Radio Corp, of America) and RCA-Victor

Also: Gramophone Company. Later EMI. The've made wind up gramophones with the big brass horn up to the 70's or 80's when there was a hype for this old gear and many were reproduced. And i guess this mic too is from these times.
I researched it about a gramophone i had.
his masters voice gramophone at DuckDuckGo

Btw, those HMV mic's with some luck could be worth $100 or more.

Ya, I was thinking over $100, it it gets in fashion. I used to shop old MICs on eBait to see if I could slip into something worth the effort ( for sound). A lot of people don't know the model, but if you look hard enough, one can find a PIC and some info. hahaha I have a hard enough time getting old cameras

Btw. This mic isn't directly fitted with those gramophones, as these that day's were simply recorded by using the horn in reverse. They didn't knew mic's like we did later.
So my guess is that this mic is a reproduction from an early/first model, were i guess it would fit within about 1920 to 1940. Look for the history of mics.

Back