Help with NT1 quality?

youngorpheus

I bought an NT1 microphone, and a scarelett solo to record it. I recorded and my vocals sounded like they had been super processed, and ran through an extreme compressor, but I didn't apply any effects at all. The quality was horrible, and I got this mic because of how highly it was talked about everywhere. Long story short, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me solve the quality issue here, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

I bought an NT1 microphone, and a scarelett solo to record it. I recorded and my vocals sounded like they had been super processed, and ran through an extreme compressor, but I didn't apply any effects at all. The quality was horrible, and I got this mic because of how highly it was talked about everywhere. Long story short, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me solve the quality issue here, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Please post an example. I am curious what 'super processed' means?

Maybe you have a 'preset' on your track. I believe the Scarlet has DSP effects. It is likely you just have not figured it all out yet. The NT1a (which I assume you are talking about) does not do this on it's own.

Take a breath and a step back... I bet you are just missing something.

Welcome to the forum youngorpheus! :)

Na it's not the NT1a it's the original NT1, and I know that's not how it is supposed to sound that's why I'm confused lol. I'll leave a link to the song I recorded so you can give it a listen, it's all over the place, but if it is the scarlett, I would love to know how to fix it. Here's the link

Change Master.mp3 - Google Drive

(If you're using a mobile device to listen and it doesn't work, click the download option and it will load)

Thank you for the help fam

I hear nothing weird with the mic. I do hear a bit of pumping from a master limiter and it affecting the vocal track. Don't hear what you are talking about in regards to the mic being 'super processed'.

I think you need to lay off the master bus comp/limiter on the backing track. Maybe just turn that shit way down then work with the vocal/mic/compression.

Nothing weird there to me other than gain off on tracks.

I'll get a link to the vocal without any mixing done. Idk if it's just me hearing it, maybe I've just listened to it so much the sound is just weird to me

Back