Help me choose an Audio Interface and Questions about it and Pod Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Genry

Banned
Delete

I buy an AT2035 and need an Audio Interface.
1. Which of these Audio Interface that should I buy?
a. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
b. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
c. Steinberg UR22
d. Roland QuadCapture

2. Audio Interface and Pod Farm Question
a. Focusrite Scarlett or any other audio interface works with Pod Farm?
b. The programs Fraps or Bandicam or Dxtory or Mirillis Action or Live Stream with Open Broadcaster Software has no problems detecting the Audio Interface?
c. If you use Pod Farm with some plugins you can record with Fraps or Bandicam or Dxtory or Mirillis Action or Live Stream with Open Broadcaster Software your voice modified with these plugin or is heard like if it were not modified?
d. Which is his configuration you have in your Pod Farm for Vocal with example remove background noise without using Audacity or Adobe Audition?
e. The Audio Interface with Pod Farm works in Skype or Teamspeak or Ventrilo or Mumble?

I want my voice heard good if is possible when playing and recording the video and my voice with any program as mentioned above for YouTube and Twitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the 4 interfaces shown, the ZSteinberg is well thought of, but so is the 2i4 and the Duocapture.

a) PodFarm - what version do you have? Some versions are hardware-dependent, only work with a Line6 interface. DO you have the full version 2.5xxx that can be used as a plug-in in a DAW?
b) Sorry,never heard of any of those programs.
c) What are you actually doing with the mic - is this for a POD broadcast, recording vocals over music tracks? I've tried PodFarm inserts on my vocals (just the preamps) and didn't like the results, but didn't spend much time playing with it, either. If you are trying to hear the effects while recording, you need to enable track monitoring - depending on your DAW, there may be some latency in this. If you're recording through PodFarm into the DAW you will not be able to change anything after recording. If you use it as a plug-in, you can change the FX/sound after tracking.
d) Remove the noise source before tracking. Noise removal after tracking is for when you f*cked up and got noise during tracking. Other than gates, I dont' think PodFarm has much in it for noise removal.
e) Don't know anything about any of those programs either. Don't know why you would want to use PodFarm in your mic chain when Skyping with someone!

a. I'll buy Pod Farm 2.5 Standard $99 (hardware independent) from here: PURCHASE POD FARM 2.5
d. They are programs to capture video games, game audio and microphone for later editing in Adobe Premiere.
c. Gameplays, I just want remove background noise mouse and keyboard with the effect of noise gate in Pod Farm without using Audition or Adobe Audition.

Do you think it's worth risking buy Ur22 was looking and apparently has problems with Phantom Power?
UR22 NOT WORKING; Loud, Pulsing blip/pop when 48v turned on
UR22 USB light flashing
May UR22 die with USB3 and phantom power
Steinberg UR22 broken?

Or I'll play it safe with any of these: (only I use to record my voice)
1. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
3. Roland QuadCapture

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Genry, We generally leave the information here so others can benefit in the future.
Is there a reason you deleted your posts? (posts now unedited)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back