HELP, Condenser Microphone Not Working!!

Michael Bradtke

I recently bought an mxl 770 condenser microphone and I routed through my POD UX2. I am unable to record because my microphone doesn't seem to work when I'm in the sound menu on my computer. When I select listen in my microphone settings it doesn't do anything and no audio comes out. But when I'm in my Pod Farm 2 software and I monitor the sound through a direct audio input I can hear my microphone 100% fine.
My PC doesn't pick up the audio but my pod software picks up the sound completely fine.
Please help because I am unable to record!!

What application are you using to record? It sounds to me like whatever you are using is still trying to record through the computer's own on-board sound. You should be able to select the Pod as an input device.

What application are you using to record? It sounds to me like whatever you are using is still trying to record through the computer's own on-board sound. You should be able to select the Pod as an input device.

Hi, I have the pods toneport selected as my default recording device, but the level bar isn't showing up beside the device so i don't think that it is being detected as having the mic in that input.

The mic is being used in the pod farm 2 software and I am hoping to get it working to record in audacity. Also when i launch audacity it says that there are no available devices connected.

It is all good now, with some trial and error I reinstalled the UX2 drivers and it all works now. I think it must have just been a driver issue. Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

Back