HELP! Behringer Ultravoice XM1800s quality

DJwizzy

Hey guys! I recently bought behringer ultravoice xm1800s for recording vocals (set of 3), and it worked. But the sound quality is kinda trash :facepalm: ... It's so damn quiet, and when i try to set higher volume in my daw, the white noise appears (VERY loudly ...) :/
I use normal XLR cable, and audio interface M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro USB. I record in FL Studio 10 producer edition.

Am I doing something wrong ? Everybody says, it's such a great mic :wtf:, but my results are trash. :(

Please HELP, guys! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Super cardiod pattern will pick up a lot of back ground noise and it's fairly high impedance too.
Probably not to well matched to the interface.
I'm guessing it was designed more for live work than studio application too.
I guess you have no room treatment either.
Your interface should be fine but i'd send those suckers back and get a better mic more suited to your application.
As moresound says you get what you pay for most of the time.
There are some great bang for your bucks mics out there. Check out the sticky "mics for $100 or less that just might suit your needs"

The XM1800s microphones, despite their price, are actually reasonable mikes. You should not really hear a lot of difference between them, and, say, a 58, and you should be able to get good results.

If the sound is trash, try a different mike, but I suspect that the problem is not with the mikes, but with other parts of the recording process.

Back