Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Heavy Duty Mic Stand

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Inverness Scotland
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    2380140
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I have an old round base Mike stand and added a couple of bar weights to it ( just slide them over the pole) I put 15 kg and nothing moves it - i use the reflection filter and some very heavy mics no probs n cheap fix

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    ArizonaMaybe
    Age
    67
    Posts
    9,120
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 124 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    9365100
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiser1964 View Post
    I have an old round base Mike stand and added a couple of bar weights to it ( just slide them over the pole) I put 15 kg and nothing moves it - i use the reflection filter and some very heavy mics no probs n cheap fix
    Yep. A few of those (10#'ers I guess), along with the stash of the shot bags, comes in under 'essentials to keep handy'.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    288308
    Latch Lake has got a pretty new small mic stand in their product line.
    This should do everything you need.

    If I have heavy stuff to put on a boom I usually use counterweights,
    there are nice and convenient ones from Manfrotto, for ligthing hardware:
    bg172-jpg

    Not as cost effective as sandbags, though.
    You get what you pay for.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cas Vegas, England
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,893
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 200 Times in 184 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474845
    The Valan Atlas mic stand.
    I've got two sheds, me. http://www.therecordingrebels.com

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    ArizonaMaybe
    Age
    67
    Posts
    9,120
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 124 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    9365100
    Quote Originally Posted by b00n View Post
    Latch Lake has got a pretty new small mic stand in their product line.
    This should do everything you need.

    If I have heavy stuff to put on a boom I usually use counterweights,
    there are nice and convenient ones from Manfrotto, for ligthing hardware:
    bg172-jpg

    Not as cost effective as sandbags, though.
    Yeah but wow.. Two very cool bits of kit there.
    Especially that Latch Lake stand. Not that I'll be actually needing anything like that, but still. 'Coming soon, wonder what it'll run..?

    Thanks for posting that.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    2784808

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    Yeah but wow.. Two very cool bits of kit there.
    Especially that Latch Lake stand. Not that I'll be actually needing anything like that, but still. 'Coming soon, wonder what it'll run..?
    I think it's out now - I saw it at the MPX show in London a week ago.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    288308
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    Yeah but wow.. Two very cool bits of kit there.
    Especially that Latch Lake stand. Not that I'll be actually needing anything like that, but still. 'Coming soon, wonder what it'll run..?

    Thanks for posting that.
    I don't have a Latch Lake myself, and I fear that I won't own one in the foreseeable future.
    K&M and counter weights must do for me.
    You get what you pay for.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Heavy Duty mic stand on sale-cheap
    By Richard Monroe in forum Gear Reviews & Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:07
  2. Heavy Duty Mic stands for sale
    By keepthehouse in forum Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 14:14
  3. Heavy Duty Mic stands for sale
    By keepthehouse in forum Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 21:04
  4. Heavy Duty Mic stands for sale
    By keepthehouse in forum Microphones
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:21
  5. Heavy duty stand for a Rhodes beast?
    By cprescott1972 in forum Keyboards and Sound Modules
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 08:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •