Having latency trouble with blue yeti USB mic, m-audio, and logic pro x.

keniption

When I plug the blue yeti into my iMac via USB, playback is great. When I run the mic through my m-audio preamp (while supplying 48v power to the mic) and then onto my computer, the playback is choppy and latent. I want to run through the m-audio so I can record 2 tracks simultaneously. Any ideas?

When I plug the blue yeti into my iMac via USB, playback is great. When I run the mic through my m-audio preamp (while supplying 48v power to the mic) and then onto my computer, the playback is choppy and latent. I want to run through the m-audio so I can record 2 tracks simultaneously. Any ideas?

I think (hope!) you mean an M-Audio INTERFACE? If so you have a buffer problem and our Mr Steeny will almost certainly have the dope. I know nothing of macs (and pretty little of PCs!)

Dave.

Nailed it. I changed my sample rate to 64 bits, forced all non Logic applications to not run in the background, and now I've got clear recording. Thanks!

I wasn't sure, but I think so since I'm getting a clear signal after I reduced the buffer sample size. Thank you :)

Back