Have Oktava discontinued the MK219??

James K

I was just looking on Oktava's online shop and I noticed that the MK-219 isn't there. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued? It would seem very strange if it had been as it's a great mic and as far as I know, fairly popular.

It's here in the shop but there's no stock.... Then again, the little message at the top of the page suggests it's under maintenance or something.

Then again, it's not part of thomann's current catalogue so it may have been discontinued :confused:

That shop is their old shop though. They have a new shop site which all the products have been transferred to except the 219 :/

That is very weird! It's slightly disconcerting that thomann aren't stocking it anymore which make me think more and more that James has a point - maybe they have simply discontinued it! :eek:

Where's Mr Joly when you need him, he's usually very much in the know for this kinda thing

That is very weird! It's slightly disconcerting that thomann aren't stocking it anymore which make me think more and more that James has a point - maybe they have simply discontinued it! :eek:

Where's Mr Joly when you need him, he's usually very much in the know for this kinda thing

I just sent him an email.

Ed Snowden has them all in a briefcase. Willing leak info on how to get them for a price.

:D

Well if this is the case I do have five 219's myself and I'll be willing to sell them for the right price ... Just like the twinkie craze a few months ago.

Well Oktava still makes and are shipping the 219's
must be an advertising mistake.

Michael said that they have gotten expensive though.
But he has plenty of modified and refurbished 219's in stock. LOOK HERE

Back