groove tubes

heupel

Anybody know anything about Grove tube mics? Just basically wandering if they are worth the money.................................................................................P.S. I know they're not as good as a nt-1.............................................................ha--------beat u to it..any help will be appreciated.

Well, actually they probably are as good as the NT-1. (The thing that's so amazing about the NT-1 is the $200 price tag!) I audutioned a Groove Tube/ Alesis mic at Mars and I was amazed. I listened to a large condensor and to the Tube mic. That tube mic to me sounded better than the other tube mics in the store (AKG and CAD I think) The way it colored the sound was exceptionally warm and full. The non-tube one was great too. It was my favorite mic in the store (They dont carry RODE though, so I didn't get to A/B them) If I had had the extra $200 bucks or so for it I might would have got that instead of my RODENT-1. They look really solidly built- If youve got the $$ I'd definitly consider one. (I think they had it for $380... could be wrong though, deduct or add $30 and it's around there. I have, for my sanity, forgotton how much the tube mic was. :D)

-jhe

Thanks James, The music store I buy from is getting some in today and I am going to go check them out and was just wanting a little info on them..........

Back