good price for sm-7

skunk

Hi guys, thanx 4 all the good feedback!
I'm wondering how much I should pay 4 an sm-7 new in box, or even used in good condition. Any ideas?
Thanx

Paid $350 from Guitar Center, but I had to bring in a price match from Musicans Friend to get it for that. Also, it was a special order... which worked out as it took some time to get the cash together.

I really like it. It is the first pro studio mic I've bought, which may have something to do with it. It is also a tank. Makes my SM-57 knockoff look like the wimpy kid on the beach.

Note that your preamps really need to provide good gain. I tried to run it through a Mackie, and it was horrid. Using a 1010LT right now, and so far, so good.

JESUS. Amazon carries a mess of preamps and microphones -- and for really fair prices. Too bad for the smaller stores.

Amazon is just acting as an advertiser. that $313 is actually from Full Compass.

Hey Gidge,

Just out of curiousity, how did you know it was Full Compass? I didn't see their name anywhere on that page.

List Price: $619.51
Price: $313.82
You Save: $305.69 (49%)
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days from Full Compass Systems

3 used & new from $313.82

cellardweller said:
List Price: $619.51
Price: $313.82
You Save: $305.69 (49%)
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days from Full Compass Systems

3 used & new from $313.82

yep, thats it.....if you click on the "4 new and used", youll see prices from Full Compass(313.82), 8th Street(349.95), Musicians Friend(369.00) and Sam Ash(499.00 :eek: ).....

as a side note, if you call Full Compass direct and tell them you saw the 313.00 price on Amazon, they may even give you a slightly better price......id shoot for 299.99 shipped.......

Harvey Gerst said:
Used (great price): $225 - $250
Used (good price): $300

New (good price): $450 or less
New Retail Price: $620

Those American prices always make me so jealous:(

I got my SM-7 for $184. There's a few scratches and I had to get a new windscreen, but it sounds beautiful. Man I love my SM-7!!!!

cominginsecond said:
I got my SM-7 for $184. There's a few scratches and I had to get a new windscreen, but it sounds beautiful. Man I love my SM-7!!!!

that deal gets the GidgeMo seal of approval......way to go......

Ill give ya $99 for it
:D

Wow, I've graduated into the big leagues. :)

As far as that $99 deal goes, I didn't get the GidgeMo seal of approval by being that dumb.

Big Kenny said:
Got mine today, immaculate! What a nice mic! Sounds really sweet on vox and cabs so far. Very clean! $275 shipped

new or used?

from where?

Since I have a Beyer M400, I went a different direction from SM-7: got an RE-27 for $350 shipped, mint in the box.

Hey Gidge
I snarfed it up on ebay. I got lucky again, it is pristine, and used, with warranty card. Keep an eye open, they pop up all the time

Back