A good mic for or under $20

Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone is about $35. It is probably a bit better than a built-in mic. Blue Snowball can be gotten for about $40. Maybe a headset with a dynamic mic. At least that will put the mic near your mouth. I didn't have a good experience with Pyle, but Logitech has some inexpensive headsets.

I've heard people rave about this microphone for podcast type work. Seems odd to me because is omni and will pick up the entire room, but it might be fine for your budget and the work you need it for. I think that company makes one that is cardiod pattern, which I think would be better for a podcast/youtube channel, but I think it's twice the price. Look around, though.

Amazon.com: Edutige Dual Microphone ETM-001: Musical Instruments

Hey, Iv'e got a condenser microphone yesterday from Gearbest and it's very good, cost 15$. Amazing value for price if those are your needs and the built quality and stuff you get with it is also really worth the money. you can watch my unboxing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hwA7oPtPU

It's in Hebrew, but with English subtitles.
Hope Iv'e helped you.

Hey, Iv'e got a condenser microphone yesterday from Gearbest and it's very good, cost 15$. Amazing value for price if those are your needs and the built quality and stuff you get with it is also really worth the money. you can watch my unboxing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hwA7oPtPU

It's in Hebrew, but with English subtitles.
Hope Iv'e helped you.

You should have read the instructions first as you don't put the mic. into the shockmount properly.

You have to squeeze the two extended finger-pads together to open up the grip, so you can insert the mic. easily without scratching it.

The capsule looks like a cheap electret and the microphone is definitely unbalanced if it works via plug-in power from a sound card.

But, at just $16 it has to be a bargain - I pay more than that for a pair of Neutrik XLR connectors.

OK for speech on a You Tube video, but I wouldn't use it for anything else.

Back