A good mic for or under $20

Mushfiq

Hello Guys,

I've started making youtube tutorials and walkthroughs.
So I need a mic under or for $20. I also need it to be the best I can
get for $20. Cause there are a lot of $20 mic. But all of em ain't good.:mad::confused:
So pls help guys. :(

"Good mic" and $20 are generally not synonymous with one another.

Actually - "Good mic" and $20 are DEFINITELY not synonymous with one another.

If you can buy it for $20, it cost less than $5 to make - probably only $3 or $4 :facepalm:

you could build a DIY mic for $20, but you'll need the solder, soldering iron e.t.c which would be worth more than the mic

Hello Guys,

I've started making youtube tutorials and walkthroughs.
So I need a mic under or for $20. I also need it to be the best I can
get for $20. Cause there are a lot of $20 mic. But all of em ain't good.:mad::confused:
So pls help guys. :(

Nothing will be good for under $20 which is why you did not get any answers. Which country are you in? $20 goes a different distance depending on what country you are in.

I found this $5 DIY mic?

Alan.

Actually I'm hearing some solid things about the Audio Technica M8000 ($19.95 at Guitar Center) so don't be so sure about "no way can you get anything good for $20" bit. (Generally speaking though that's a reasonable assumption)

Actually I'm hearing some solid things about the Audio Technica M8000 ($19.95 at Guitar Center) so don't be so sure about "no way can you get anything good for $20" bit. (Generally speaking though that's a reasonable assumption)

OP needs a solution that includes connection to the computer.

bouldersoundguy got me correct. I am actually looking for what he thinks i am looking for. so thanks to you and others also please give some more suggestions. Thanks for all the support.

You could wait a while for some crazy deal. I paid $15 for my Cad E100 and its a damn fine mic.

If you don't plan to buy another piece of equipment (namely an audio interface) then you will need a mic with an interface built in. Namely a USB mic. Guitar Center used gear has a Samson CO1U for $29.99. That's probably about as cheap as you're gonna get for anything that will give you decent quality. It's not gonna be a top performer by any means. But it will be a serious cut above the typical computer mic.

I'm VERY late but....The XM8500 is exactly $20 and it has some pretty good reviews.

You'll need a cord for it too. A xlr to usb or xlr to whatever type of output your plugging the cord in.

But an XLR to USB will be a *lot* more than $20 as it will have to include an ADC and mic. pre-amp.

But even a decent XLR to XLR cable costs more than $20!

I don't care how late you are but its really a shock people still reply... So thanks a bunch for your time. I'm a REAL n00b to these stuff and i jst want a mic for my youtube channel TechNerd01.

P.S: If some guys subbed to me on Youtube it would greatly help too. The channel is TechNerd01 :D

He might just have to use a cheap regular xlr to usb then =P if their on such a budget. May have a not-so-good sound but, its a upgrade from the headset.

He might just have to use a cheap regular xlr to usb then =P if their on such a budget. May have a not-so-good sound but, its a upgrade from the headset.

No such thing - as far as I am aware, there is no analogue microphone level input on a USB connector. So such a cable would have to be made specially and would give nothing at all on the output - and may actually damage the mic. if the USB voltage out was connected to the mic.

You would have to connect it to the crap 3.5mm audio input socket to use it - and if it was a phantom powered mic., that would not work either..

Back