First time mic for aspiring radio broadcaster/podcaster/DJ

SpecialJ

Hi,

I am really keen to get into radio and would like to purchase a good mic to use at home to pre-record features for my student radio show/for my own online podcasts etc.

I have very little technical knowledge and no idea where to start! (I'm so sorry to be so unhelpful)

I am looking to spend between £60-£200 (at the max) and it would be great if that could include a stand of some sort so I could set myself up properly.

I'm so grateful for any help or suggestions you guys have got!

Thanks,

Jes

Howdy Jess.

I would be looking for a used EV RE20.
Just might find one within your budget.

LQQK HERE for photos.
May be the most used microphone for your application.

A quick google search will tell you more.

Tip top advice. RE20 is fantastic.
Is it safe to assume you're starting from scratch though?

If £200 is your budget for everything (Interface, mic, cable, stand, pop filter) you might need to scale back.

Sm58, presonus audio box and a couple of DIY acoustic panels might fit your budget better.

Hey! Thanks for your advice. My parents were so sweet and bought me the EV RE20 on your recommendation! I would like to begin using it just to record laptops podcasts onto my computer using Adobe Audition. I literally only have the mic though, no cables or anything - I'm presuming I need some sort of USB cable or something to plug it in, but I don't know what else I need? Sorry I am a complete newbie and a total technophobe!

Your gonna need an interface to hook up to your computer. XLR microphone cable from microphone to interface and a USB cable to hook up to computer from interface.
Then I think you should be good to go.

Back