Finding a nice mate for my Lawson mp47

Jer-Bear

Hi all,

I'm still looking to buy another quality tube mike to go with my Lawson mp 47. I have been researching many different models and makes on the internet and would like to eventually purchase one that does'nt sound the same as my Lawson, but also in the same price and quality range. I should also mention that I own an AKG c414 buls and an Avalon 737sp channel strip. Again at the top of my list is the Lawson l251, but there are also others that sound very interesting. Has anyone owned any of the Peluso line of mikes? For instance, their 251 model, or the p-67 or possibly the p12? They are generally cheaper in price , but can they be what I might be looking for? This is just a hobby for me and do a lot of my own recording of myself and my band. My budget is around $2500(still saving, but getting relatively close) I am open to any other suggestons to what I might be looking for. I know that a lot of you out there are very knowlegable and welcome your input.

Thanks

Jer-Bear

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if Mr Gerst, Mark H, Littledog or Texroadkill are still out there with their intelligent advice and opinions. If anyone else for that matter has had experience with Lawson products, or any other mikes in the same class that can address my question, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Jer Bear

Back