Finally, reliable word on the RNMP

tubedude

Heard from a very reliable source that it is now running production, and will be 1st of december at the earliest, mid to late december at the latest. Only 9 months late at this point, lol.
I think everyones prayers will be answered at $400 channel. I hope, at least. Cross your fingers.

Yep, looking good, they are calling mid-december with a $399 list price. Hopefully $350 after shipping and all, street price. Save your beans, you have 4 weeks....

Senior Tube,Hey are they gonna come in 1&2 channel versions?Or is that 399.00 for 2 chans.Man gotta order one as soon as they come out!Do you know where they will distributed...Mercinary ?...

Thanks for the info..

Don

Word has it that the initial offering will be a four channel unit, with single and dual channel units to follow very shortly after.
Four channel unit should hit with a street price around $1400, I would guess.

This is grapevine info, but its probably pretty accurate...

Front Panel:
1/4 inch HI-Z Input for Instrument Direct input
MIC/HI-Z Input Selector Switch
48 Volt Phantom Power Switch
2 digit numeric LED display for gain
Gain Control Knob
12 Segment LED row for output metering

Rear Panel:
XLR Low-Z Input (mic)
XLR Balanced Output
Power Jack (wall wart type)

Specs:
Gain Range: 0-72dB
Clipping Level: +26dBu
Noise: Equivalent Input Noise: -127 db (not a typo)
Distortion: Less than .0005% THD (again, not a typo)
Size: 1/3rd rack

Looks like no phase reverse... specs look fine though, plenty-o-gain...
http://www.transaudiogroup.com
That is who is distributing for them, and they'll probably have info up 1st, I would imagine, though there is none yet.
Rather unusual ide to have a numerical gain display... I would imagine the knob is one of those kind infinite turning knobs, no matter where the knob is located, when you turn it off it resets to zero.
3 per rack, or perhaps the channel strip I spoke of, a RNMP, RNC and a Speck ASC all in the same rack... nice channel strip, probably make a good live unit, too. Wall warts suck, though.

Sorta like the Grace no phase rev...No big deal to me because I only track with 2 mics max for the most part, my other preamps can be fliped..I am going for the Grace this week..but Im interested in the FMR ..Man does it ever stop LOL ..

Don

Counting Down

Can't wait till someone does an all out comparison between the RNMP, the Grace, and the Studio Proj. Mic Pre. Whoa, that sounds like a fire fight!

BTW Tube,

What pres are you using now?

I heard a little different info from FMR themselves (may or may not be correct at this point because it was a month ago). But anyways she (sorry forget her name) told me the price would be closer to the RNC price. The sound was going to emulate the old RCA tube and transformer models (although without tubes and transformers). Thank heavens I hate sterile mic pre's.

I emailed them to ask if i could swing by their premises to take a look. They haven't emailed me back yet. I'll report anything i find ;)

Re: Counting Down

VirtualSamana said:
Can't wait till someone does an all out comparison between the RNMP, the Grace, and the Studio Proj. Mic Pre. Whoa, that sounds like a fire fight!

Sounds like an interesting shootout...Hey, count me in...I'm there with the VT-1 :D

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

Back