Ever heard of the Sterling Audio SP50/30 package? Does it even exist?

brand0nized

I was at Guitar Center the other day and the clerk showed me the Sterling Audio SP50/30 package. It's a large diaphragm condenser and a small diaphragm condenser at about $80 for the holidays.

I went home and googled this to find more information on it. All I could find was this product listed on three websites, with no description and reviews.

The picture says that the large condenser is a Sterling Audio S50, but I couldn't find this microphone by itself anywhere when i googled it. All I came up with was the same link to the package product. Plus, I can't find this microphone on the Sterling Audio website.

Sterling Audio SP50/30 Studio Pack: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

If anyone knows anything about these mics, can you please help me out, I would really love an upgrade from my USB mic.

Well it would be a step in the right direction away from USBism but you'll need a A/D converter with preamps that provides phantom power.

Then for the money that combo is a great starter. You'll grow out of then with time and experience.

What will you use them on? And is your budget a bit stronger than what these cost?

I will be recording Acc Guitar, Vocals, various percussion (bells, shakers, tambourines, cajon, drums), piano, violin, bass, some electric. Those are just some off the top of my head. My friend is telling me that these packaged mic deals are just attractive bundles that they use to get rid of things. I'm a little nervous about this, thinking about saving up a little while longer for a Studio Projects B1 ($120). But the price works out very well for me, for two mics.

Back