EV & Blue

scottmd06

I recently purchased the Blue Spark, haven't had the chance to use it on a session yet but plan to very soon, and I will be picking up the EV Cardinal and EV Raven in about a week. I know that EV and Blue worked together on these (at least that's what I've heard rumored from others) so I was wondering what characteristics if at all were paralleled between the Spark and Cardinal. Would I even benefit from having both or does anyone think they'll probably just sound like the same microphone?

Never tried the spark, but I have owned both the Cardinal and own 2 of the Ravens. I LOVE the Ravens, great mics! The Cardinals were great but a bit over priced. If you can get them used for under 100ish its a good deal. As for sound the cardinals sound bright and very clean. The Raven sounds a bit brighter than a Heil PR40 and is great dynamic mic.

I had a chance to get both of those EV microphones about a year ago from a local store that had them sitting there for a very long time without selling them $50. each! I wish now that I did get them. :mad:

Lol ya they're not the best mics out but still solid choices. The Raven more so. There is just something about Large Diaphragm Dynamics that works for recording. The Shure SM7B, Heil PR 40 and the EV RE-20 are other popular and similar styled mics.

I recently purchased the Blue Spark, haven't had the chance to use it on a session yet but plan to very soon, and I will be picking up the EV Cardinal and EV Raven in about a week. I know that EV and Blue worked together on these (at least that's what I've heard rumored from others) so I was wondering what characteristics if at all were paralleled between the Spark and Cardinal. Would I even benefit from having both or does anyone think they'll probably just sound like the same microphone?

Let me know how you feel about the SPARK, I've heard many mixed reviews about it.

lol ya they're not the best mics out but still solid choices. The raven more so. There is just something about large diaphragm dynamics that works for recording. The shure sm7b, heil pr 40 and the ev re-20 are other popular and similar styled mics.

Word .

I'm going to be getting the Raven and Cardinal for $220 together, shipped from an online retailer that's going to make a deal with me after talking on a certain auction site that frowns against making purchases outside their site lol Seems like a pretty good deal to build my arsenal as well as trying some more mics.

I'm going to be getting the Raven and Cardinal for $220 together, shipped from an online retailer that's going to make a deal with me after talking on a certain auction site that frowns against making purchases outside their site lol Seems like a pretty good deal to build my arsenal as well as trying some more mics.

Does he do these deals often?

Not sure. I had won "best offers" for pretty low bids on both mics separately and then asked to combine the orders and the seller told me that if I took the deal completely off of that site and dealt with their company directly that I could get the two mics for $220. Sounds like a pretty good deal, will still be protected under paypal, and they're a reputable online dealer. I feel pretty safe with the transaction.

Not sure. I had won "best offers" for pretty low bids on both mics separately and then asked to combine the orders and the seller told me that if I took the deal completely off of that site and dealt with their company directly that I could get the two mics for $220. Sounds like a pretty good deal, will still be protected under paypal, and they're a reputable online dealer. I feel pretty safe with the transaction.

PM me who they are this doesn't sound right.

Ya to be honest I picked my Cardinal and ravens up on eBay for under 100 each. I don't remember which one but one was 45 and the other was 60.

I actually havent even plugged it in yet. I have a few sessions next week where I may get the chance, but Ive been making sure that I dont let the wife see any new mics laying around that she hasnt seen me use before lol And to those who said they purchased Ravens and Cardinals for $50 a piece, where?! In store and online prices for new Cardinals is $199 and Ravens are $149. I think the $220 for a Cardinal and Raven shipped together sounds pretty sweet.

I actually havent even plugged it in yet. I have a few sessions next week where I may get the chance, but Ive been making sure that I dont let the wife see any new mics laying around that she hasnt seen me use before lol And to those who said they purchased Ravens and Cardinals for $50 a piece, where?! In store and online prices for new Cardinals is $199 and Ravens are $149. I think the $220 for a Cardinal and Raven shipped together sounds pretty sweet.

HA ~ :laughings: ~ Wives just don't understand!

That was me would said the $50. each and it was at Daddys Junky Music store here in N.H. they don't have them any more. :(

yea... my wife doesn't always see my gear... not for a long time anyhow... a fancy looking new mic is hard to pull off... three unique looking mics is really challenging.

Back