Electrovoice RE27 n/d or Beyerdynamics M88 TG?

Dantheman06

I am building my own recording studio and would like to do it professionally. My mics are sm58, sm7b, a pair of oktava 012 (omni, cardio supercardio) and Rode NT1 (new black version). I record rappers and a growing number of male and female singers. The sm7b is good with rappers and with many singers. The new Rode NT1 is very good for a low cost microphone. I don’t not have $$ to buy high end condensers. I am putting $$$ aside for AKG414xls, Neumann etc but think that I could buy high end dynamic mics in the mean time for the pressing needs of my growing business.

The RE 20 gets a lot of praise but it might be a bit warm and my SM7B is also a warm mic. I think that RE 27 N/D might be better because it is brighter and may complement better my SM7B. I have been told that the Beyer m88 TG is also a studio quality dynamic but, closer to the sm7b as they are both warm. I will eventually buy a M88TG as they are good instrument mics but this is not where my pressing needs are. My pressing needs are good mics for singers, all styles.

The reason why I am not shure that I should buy the RE 27 N/D is that it is advertised as a broadcasting mic. What I need is mic that will be excellent dynamic mic for singers and would complement my NT1 and SM7B . Note: the Sennheiser MD441 is too expensive.

What would you buy? RE27 N/D or M88TG?

Thank you!

Back