Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM8000 Mods

Thanks

Thumbs up

Sign in to disable this ad
    Wow Marik, good job... please keep up the good work. This is one of the best threads on the mic forum and we need more like it because this is what this forum should be all about. I'm very pround of you helping all of us here... and I truely mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thanks again.
    One of the things I like the most about hr.com is reading what everyday people like you and I have experienced with products as opposed to reading what the manufacturers want us to read about their products.

Thanks
    You know, there's not really much too that mic... it looks like the hardest part to making one is the PCB and housing. Does it have Behringer, 797 Audio, nothing, or what printed on the other side of the PCB?
    One of the things I like the most about hr.com is reading what everyday people like you and I have experienced with products as opposed to reading what the manufacturers want us to read about their products.

Thanks
    <it looks like the hardest part to making one is the PCB and housing.>

That's why you pay $39.99

<Does it have Behringer, 797 Audio, nothing, or what printed on the other side of the PCB?>

Have a look. Sorry, I took a picture after I started working on that. I had only 1W Zener, so I put it on the other side--it was not there originally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ecm8000pcbtraces-jpg  

Thanks
    Well, the PCB will be easier for someone to copy now that we can see both sides... thanks. I wonder who made the PCB. What's the added diode for... regulating?

Thanks
    <What's the added diode for... regulating?>

Precisely! The original was at 6V, I need more, so this zener sets the voltage.

Thanks
    I've been wondering why the mic has that long narrow neck on it... any idea's?

Thanks
    I'm guessing. I see that on all measurement mics. I'm guessing that because of the small capsule the design is intended to minimize hard surfaces near the capsule that might reflect sound.

Thanks
    That makes sense... but, I wonder if the long neck might also contribute some noise? Is the neck hollow or is it packed with something?

Thanks
    It's an omni capsule so it's sealed in back. IT responds to pressure. And tdukex is right on about the narrow neck; it's designed that way to prevent acoustic shadowing from interfering with the response.

Thanks
    Thanks Harvey.

Now I'm wondering if shock mounting the capsule in some way might also help keep noise down... does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thread Information