Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM8000 Mods

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Naw DJL, the noise of this capsule is an electronic one and comes from the internal FET. That's why I want to open it and see if will be able to replace the FET.

Thanks
    Ok, well then please keep us all up to date with your progress.
    One of the things I like the most about hr.com is reading what everyday people like you and I have experienced with products as opposed to reading what the manufacturers want us to read about their products.

Thanks
    Here we are! What did I tell you? I knew I saw this thing with a transformer! Sometimes it is a good idea to hit a search bottom even in my own computer, he, he. Look what I found in my files--Behringer ECM8000 board--first revision! Now, all owners of ECM8000, open the thing and check it out. Picture of the other side of the board please.
    Attached Images Attached Images behringerboard-jpg 

Thanks
    Now that's interesting... so Behringer dropped the transformer is the newer ECM8000 without telling anyone. Maybe that's why Harvey's ECM8000's wern't as noisy as the one's I had... I sold mine because I thought they were too noisy.

Marik, please don't forget to post the ECM8000 schematics when you finish drawing them.

If anyone has an older Behringer ECM8000 with the transformer in it (Harvey?)... please post a picture of the back side of the PCB. Thanks
    One of the things I like the most about hr.com is reading what everyday people like you and I have experienced with products as opposed to reading what the manufacturers want us to read about their products.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Marik
    Here we are! What did I tell you? I knew I saw this thing with a transformer! Sometimes it is a good idea to hit a search bottom even in my own computer, he, he. Look what I found in my files--Behringer ECM8000 board--first revision! Now, all owners of ECM8000, open the thing and check it out. Picture of the other side of the board please.
    Wow! So they DID have a transformer...interesting.

Thanks
    Iím posting these for Marik:

ECM8000 stock
    ECM8000 modified

Thanks
    OK, Marik,

How can I safely open up my ECM's to have a look see.

If mine have the trannie I will get a close up of the PCB and post it.

EDIT................it doesn't matter. I just figured it out and they are the later transformerless model. But compared to some other mics with this style of capsule, I find them to be pretty quiet, unless of course gains are turned up to near maximium.

Thanks
    OK, just to confuse things even more................I just compared the component layout of mine to those first pics you posted, and it appears that my ECM's may be different again.

The one problem I am having is that I can't remove the PCB all the way out of the body, probably because of the wires to the cap not being long enough.............any suggestions.

And I will take some pics and post them later.

Thanks
    <The one problem I am having is that I can't remove the PCB all the way out of the body, probably because of the wires to the cap not being long enough.............any suggestions.>

Yeah, I know. You have to unsolder the capsule. Be careful! If you overheat the capsule, you destroy the electret. If you don't feel safe doing that, I would suggest to cut the wires from the capsule, and then make an "adapter" cut out of Radio Shack prototyping PC board with parallel traces. Then you can solder the wires to this board.

Thanks
    Normally pulling things apart doesn't bother me and believe me I've probably gone through more oz/lbs or gms/kgs of solder than half the people on this forum put together, but right now I have other work to complete in the studio and as yet I haven't installed the software that came with my son's new digital camera, so if and when I get around to it, I will show you this third pcb layout.

Thread Information