Dynamic Mic for PODCAST

mactreouser

Hi,
I'm looking for a budget Dynamic Mic for podcast with rich Low tone, less strong Mid, smooth Hi frequency.

Thanks for suggestion & recommendations! Appreciate!

Hey,
What does budget mean to you?
Do you have experience with any of the better known mics? Give us a reference of mics you got on well with, or didn't, if you can.

Where do you live? That'll affect price.

Do you have an audio interface already? If not, have you considered the USB options?

Your description immediately makes me think re-20/320, but it's not that cheap and it'd want to see a good quality audio interface.

Hi,
Price around USD100-150 with rich vocal LOW tone, less Strong Mid (I'm quite a strong mid tone guy, frequently around 800hz-2k) and a smooth Hi.

What are you going to be plugging it into? If your answer is "my computer sound card with an XLR to 3.5mm adaptor" then you may as well stop worryng about the sound of the mic and just find something with a high output level.

All dynamic mics have relatively low outputs and computer sound cards have pretty poor clean gain and limited headroom.

So...more info please.

The absolute best microphone for podcasting, on a budget or not, is the Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR. This mic has both USB and XLR connectors. All the podcasters that teach how to podcast recommend this microphone. It is less than $60 at Amazon, here is my link, Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone: Musical Instruments. I use it an love it, you can connect directly into computer via usb, or into a recorder such as the Zoom H4N or a mixer.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as an "absolute best microphone for podcasting on a budget or not". Different mics suit different voices and the room acoustics also play a part in how a mic sounds. If this mic is so great, why isn't it used in any professional studios?

Don't forget that to put a USB output in the mic alongside the XLR, AT must have cut some corners elsewhere. Unless there's a compelling reason to go the USB route, don't do it. You'll soon find it's a very limiting technical dead end.

Yeah, it might work as might a whole slew of other mics. But to call it "the absolute best mic for podcasting, budget or not" is so far over the top--and wrong--as to be laughable.

Just as an example, the RE20 or SM7B would be vastly better choices if the "or not" option was applicable.

No worries. Just private jokes here. I'm moving it to the mic forum.

Joke? You didn't think it was funny when I posted a picture of a toy microphone. You made a point of deleting my recommendation and warning me....

Must.........resist............sense............ of................. humour...............bypass...............:laughings:

Back