Drum Mic Kit - Shure DMK57-52

libertad

I'm looking to upgrade my drum mic method and I see Guitar Center sells this package for $300. Seems like a good deal, as one SM-57 alone costs $100. Anyone have any experience with these mics for drums? Up until now I've always just used a condenser and a few dynamic mics. Any better suggestions for a $300-ish price range?

Thats the one with 3 57's, the clips, and a 52 right? Thats a great price! You probably can't do better for the money. I have never used a 52 in the studio but I like the sound live, and 57's are great on toms and snare.

That sounds like a pretty sweet mic package. You are basically getting a free mic at this price, and 57's are always useful. The 52 has a nice punch to it from what I can tell on various YouTube videos.

I do have to agree with Tom's question though, and that is: what else to you already have? I have actually had pretty decent (not great but not bad) results using just my Rode NT2a in a mono mic'd kit set up. You never know.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm going to go with this package. Currently I have a few SM58's and a decent condenser mic. But I figured I need to get a least ONE SM57 if I want to get serious, and with this I'll be getting 3!

Back