Covering a mic

A genuine problem in lots of venues and rental companies--at the end of a gig mics are just put away as fast as possible without any attention.

Frankly the only way to be really sure is to carry your own mic(s). Two 58s for a couple of hundred dollars is a small price to pay to avoid years of spit and tobacco smoke!

A genuine problem in lots of venues and rental companies--at the end of a gig mics are just put away as fast as possible without any attention.

Frankly the only way to be really sure is to carry your own mic(s). Two 58s for a couple of hundred dollars is a small price to pay to avoid years of spit and tobacco smoke!

Yeah! Who was it used to have a GOLD one?

Dave.

Well its no excuse for the rental company since they can send them in to get cleaned. I sympathize with the venue guys, as they were probably not educated on how to clean dynamic mics.

I put most my mics away, I might leave the drums or guitars miced up if I ran out of time tracking, but I tear down and put it away when the band I'm tracking is done.

Back