Could someone help me recognize this microphone?

Hyper

20170723_120611.jpg
20170723_120644.jpg
20170723_120701.jpg

If anyone knows, or has used it, he can freely say everything about the microphone.
I bought it and I do not know anything about it. :guitar:

Hi there,
The plug appears to be broken.
The metal tip is missing so I'd caution against plugging it into anything in case you leave a part behind.

And I also thought it.
And does anyone know,this microphone is for recording or something else?

I don't know the microphone by model but all signs suggest that it's a cheap consumer microphone,
most likely made for computer voice chat and that sort of thing.

Broadly speaking, modern 'professional' equipment will terminate with a three pin (XLR) connector, which will pair with audio interfaces, mixers, or preamplifiers.
Generally anything with a 3.5mm jack is intended to connect to consumer recorders and computers.

That said, it would be very easy to replace that jack and try the thing out. If you need/want more information, just post back and ask! :)

Thanks a lot!! :)

You are most welcome. I have converted quite a few cheap, aka 'rubbish' mics to balanced XLR operation so can give you some pointers.

NOT! That I am particularly tight you understand ("shut up wife!") but I get through several a year in the garden. I wrap them in cling film and foam (to kill wind noise) but 6 months is about the best they last. No need for an SM7b on a hedgehog!

Dave.

Note that this might be a STEREO mic, so the head may have two mic elements inside, with some degree of separation. There's no safe way to fix the plug, so you'll have to start by cutting that off, but I'd expect to see more wires inside than you'd expect. There may be two unscreened wires inside an overall screen/sheath (one for each mic plus the screen for ground), or there may be two separately screened wires (one for each mic, with the two grounds connected inside the plug). As someone else said, prob a fairly low quality mic intended to be plugged directly into the (stereo) mic socket on a PC.

Geoff

Back