Connecting Sennheiser ME2 directly to Zoom H4N

Jakob

Hello,

I was wondering whether or not it is possible to connect a Sennheiser ME2 directly to a Zoom H4N?

Jakob

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is because I just purchased an ME2 today, expecting it to fit nicely into my Zoom H4N.. this, however, was not the case, as the metal ring (my vocabulary is somewhat lacking in this area) prevents the jack from going all the way in. This begs the above question.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Last edited:
When I last checked, the ME2 plugged directly into my Olympus LS10 and recorded fine - though on the left channel only, of course - and the locking ring did not impair proper connection.

But, doesn't the H4n use XLRs for the mic. input?

When I last checked, the ME2 plugged directly into my Olympus LS10 and recorded fine - though on the left channel only, of course - and the locking ring did not impair proper connection.

But, doesn't the H4n use XLRs for the mic. input?

The H4N does have a 1/8" input.

When I woke up this morning, it miraculously worked! I think I may have had the phantom power turned off.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jacob,

I am evaluating to buy a JK MIC-J 044 lavalier microphone to use with a Zoom H4n. I have to choose between the classic mono version and the Sennheiser 3.5mm locking jack connector. Would you mind letting me know if the Sennheiser connector works with the Zoom properly? Does it plug perfectly into the 1/8" stereo female connector of the Zoom? I would like to get the Sennheiser version to use it as a backup microphone with a Sennheiser ew100 g3 which I am going to buy. Unfortunately, I don't have any microphone with that kind of screw connector to test it with my Zoom. Thank you in advance for your kindness. Best. D.

Back