A Condenser mike for Yamaha MW10

NoXer

As the title says i want to buy a mike for my Yamaha MW10. The mixer was a present and i want to buy a mike for around $70. I have a closed balcony so i will buy some foam and make a recording corner in there. I am a piano player so it would be nice to record it too.I have bought some cheap dynamic mikes and they are quite when recording in Cubase and pore quality. I have looked around here and found some mikes that fit my needs but I don't have enough experience to know how good they are and how will they sound on my mixer. So here they are:
-MXL 990
-Behringer C1
-AT2020
I hope that someone will help me and if you have some ideas on other mikes let me know them. Thank you :D

The MLX V67g is really nice but by looking trough some mikes i decided to spend a maximum of $100. There are many mikes out there that are made to record a piano but this one is not, that is what they say. I don't understand the specification of a mike so well for a specific purpose although i am an electrical technician.:)

If i were you i'd save up some more and save yourself the heart ache from the 3 mics you chose. i should know.
More sound has a point and what he doesnt know about mic application and usability probably isnt worth knowing.
Good luck

Buy the AT2020 and enjoy learning the recording craft. You don't need a Neumann to get started. If you continue, after a few years you can buy an expensive mic. Most everybody eventually upgrades to better equipment if they get more into it and are serious about it. Then you'll be the one gving advice here.

I guess one thing that you could do then is to keep an eye on ebay and score a used microphone that goes for $200. -250. new ... for around $100.

There are always tons of deals like that.

In the end I've pretty much decided to go with the AT2020 because I am a beginner. But i wanted just to ask one more thing can i record my piano with this one? I mean will the sound be poor compared to recording a voice or something like that.

Back