Condenser microphone suddenly permanently quieter after adjusting

Tetrylene

Hi everyone.

I have a Blue Spark (XLR version) which I've got plugged into a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with phantom power. I've got it attached to adjustable microphone stand that clamps onto the desk. I'd have this long-running issue for months that if it wasn't sitting right I'd hear a loud buzzing feedback in the monitor (my headphones), which would be solved by moving either the mic or the cable a little. A few days ago I adjusted it and immediately everyone said I was quieter and they had to turn up my volume in discord / teamspeak. It sounds exactly the same on my monitor using my 2i2, but on every app it does sound quiet. In audacity this is how high the levels go with me speaking right infront of it in my usual speaking voice:

https://i.imgur.com/2tDmdP4.png

it plays back pretty quietly and that's with the gain dial on the interface at 1 or 2 o'clock. I've cranked every dial in windows and my apps for my volume up to max. At the moment with the current people I chat to they can compensate by turning me up 20db like I said, but it's getting frustrating having everyone new I speak to say "turn up your microphone". I can turn up the gain to maximum on the 2i2 but it's so loud through the monitor I have to turn it off to avoid blowing up my ear drums. I've tried using voicemeter but it's pretty confusing and frustrating to use and doesn't really solve the problem. Also, as I'm sitting here now I can't get the buzzing noise to appear as I move the mic around which is unusual.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Back