Condenser Mic for a Tenor Voice

wtfuhz

5 dollar loud blunts
Does anyone know a good condenser mic for a high tenor voice for about $300 or less? I know every voice is different but I'd really appreciate some input on where to start looking. Thanks in advance!

not sure about a mic in regards to your 'high tenor voice' but a couple good options i've heard for under 300 bucks are the AT4040, Rode Nt1a, or if you can find it used a Shure SM7B

Thanks for the response. I've heard good things about those first two and the sm7b, but I also hear that the sm7b doesn't get much headroom. Are you sure if that's true?

Yeah no problem, glad i could help. And I haven't heard that complaint for the SM7B, but even if that were true i doubt it's drastic and it's still a very very good mic. I would go with either the At4040, or the Shure Sm7b. Also I heard the SE2200 is a good mic within that budget that's worth checking out as well.

Look for a secondhand AKG C4000B, I did an album of a tenor doing opera and it come out great. The C4000B has a very similar sound to a AKG414, but it's not as popular, it's a bit of a quite achiever, however it does not suit some male vocal and most female vocal but for a tenor it should work very well. By the way they sound great on acoustic guitar.

If you can't find a C4000B, you could try a C2000B, it's like the baby brother.

Alan.

Not a condensor, but the FIRST vocal mic I'd buy as a high tenor (high bari here BTW), is the Electro-Voice EV 635a.

Chris

P.S. With your budget you could also pick up a nice LDC like the Studio Projects B1, along with the 635a.

Back