is a condenser better for a not so strong voice?

jimmyjames9

i'm a guitarist that decided to sing also (i got sick of those so called "lead singers" taking all the credit without writing a single note of music), and i don't have the strongest voice. i'm using a dynamic would it be better for me to get a condenser? i have to crank that damn dynamic!

For sure jimmy,(for recording) I guess thats what you wanna use it for right? I just bought an AT4050/cm couple months or so ago, and the results are nite and day, getting alot better signal than my 58's/ 57's and the sound is killer, 8th street is shipping me a dual mp this week so the sound should get even better...also you will find your words come out with alot more detail & defenition with the condenser, get rid of that "so called lead singer" now and sing man!

Jimmy J:
Get yourself an inexpensive mic pre-amp, like the ART tube MP1...This will fatten your vocals...Also try doubling your voice on two tracks, either by singing the lead vocals twice, or by bouncing the recorded vocals to another track..This will also give our voice some recorded muscle.

Back