A chicken-shit, pathetic trick by a local studio

DJL said:
Oh Harvey... I was going to let this go... but not now. I checked your forum http://recpit.prosoundweb.com/viewf...b3870eb78a6dad7 before I asked you why you posted this shit on this HR mic forum because it wasn't on your forum at the time... and that's the fricken truth.

So you mean Harvey has it in just to spam this forum that he's going to go out of way to make up a story about some URL shenanigans just to get the name of his one, relatively small studio in a single city in Texas in front of people who already know how to reach him? Is that what you're trying to say? :rolleyes: Harvey must be just plain Eval! Whooo ooo ahh!

... or DJL just plain ridiculous. I like the latter.

Rev E said:
So you mean Harvey has it in just to spam this forum that he's going to go out of way to make up a story about some URL shenanigans just to get the name of his one, relatively small studio in a single city in Texas in front of people who already know how to reach him? Is that what you're trying to say? :rolleyes:
I just wanted to know why Harvey posted this crap on the HR mic forum and not on his own forum... period. I was going to drop it and let this thread die... but not now.

turtleboy said:
WOAH NELLY!

Its almost midnight.
RUN!!!
It's only 9:43PM here... I see this is your 2nd post here... or is it really... hummm. Anyway, have fun pissing in the wind... later.

Thank You for the warm welcome. Been browsing for awhile reading your Nancy Drew,Stephen King type writing style.
Great stuff!!! Keep it up and you might even get the pope mad at you.

DJL...

Normally I don't get involved in what I perceive to be a lot of the nonsense bullshit that goes on around here, but you're WAY OUT OF LINE in this thread.

Harvey didn't post anything inappropriate and I'm actually glad he posted the problem he's having because it makes everyone aware of the shady antics that go on at the business end of things.

On top of it, Harvey doesn't deserve the shit you keep shovelling at him..........

Harvey Gerst said:
A chicken-shit, pathetic trick by a local studio:

This one takes the cake. Most of you know me, and my work over the years. We've built up a pretty good reputation for recording in North Texas, and we also have a pretty good reputation for being nice people.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found out that our website
(http://www.itrstudio.com) has been hijacked by Goodnight Audio, another recording studio in Dallas.

If you add an "s" to our URL, changing it to http://www.itrstudios.com ("studios", plural), it takes you to their Goodnight Audio website.

They're way bigger than we are (but I doubt if their studio originally came with wheels), and they've got a lot of nice toys. I never felt they were a threat, but apparently we're enough of a threat to them to have them try and mislead our customers.

They also claim that George Augsburger designed their rooms, but George told me that our studio is the only place he's ever designed in North Texas.

But how lame is that: to take our name, add an "s", and hope somebody makes a mistake when typing our name, so they can get business?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm kinda pissed at the moment. They bought the URL 12 days ago, but we just found out today. I guess it's actually kinda pathetic, really.

"Chickenshit, lame, and pathetic" kinda covers it for me. Sorry for the rant.

if thats the official name of their studio you might be able to take leagel action, Also seeing as you have a steady work flow of custom, then maybe change your name and spread the word that your name has changed....keeping a link to your old name, explaining the reason for the name change....i get pissed about stuff like this, if it was me it would be world war:) ....good luck

DJL said:
Oh Harvey... I was going to let this go... but not now. I checked your forum http://recpit.prosoundweb.com/viewf...b3870eb78a6dad7 before I asked you why you posted this shit on this HR mic forum because it wasn't on your forum at the time... and that's the fricken truth.
Well that thread in my forum had about 300 views, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard for you to simply post something like "Where did Harvey's chickenshit studio thread go?" or "Did Harvey delete the chicken shit studio thread here?" and see if anybody responds.

I had it in four places as I said; Gearslutz, Harmony Central, my forum, and Home Recording. I've taken it down in the three forums that allow me to delete threads that I start: Gearslutz, Harmony Central, and my forum at PSW. My forum would definitely be one of the first places I posted this thread. It was there, about 6 threads down from the top, when I deleted it.

Sorry you didn't see it, but it got about the same reactions there as it did here (i.e., that sucks). For me to lie and say I put it up there (if I didn't) would make no sense, since at least several 100 people viewed the thread, and it would be easy enough for anybody to check by asking where it went.

Blue Bear Sound said:
DJL...

Normally I don't get involved in what I perceive to be a lot of the nonsense bullshit that goes on around here, but you're WAY OUT OF LINE in this thread.

Harvey didn't post anything inappropriate and I'm actually glad he posted the problem he's having because it makes everyone aware of the shady antics that go on at the business end of things.

On top of it, Harvey doesn't deserve the shit you keep shovelling at him..........
At the time when I asked Harvey why he was posting this non-related mic crap on the HR mic forum and not on his own forum it was NOT posted on his forum... and that seemed strange to me, so I was just curious why he was posting this soap opera type crap on a mic forum and not on his own forum. I didn't mean to offend anyone... but I didn't think it was appropriate to post this non-related shit on a mic forum. Anyway... like I said... this mic bbs is so full of spam, distributors, non related mic topics, and bullshit now it doesn't even really matter anymore.

Harvey Gerst said:
Well that thread in my forum had about 300 views, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard for you to simply post something like "Where did Harvey's chickenshit studio thread go?" or "Did Harvey delete the chicken shit studio thread here?" and see if anybody responds.

I had it in four places as I said; Gearslutz, Harmony Central, my forum, and Home Recording. I've taken it down in the three forums that allow me to delete threads that I start: Gearslutz, Harmony Central, and my forum at PSW. My forum would definitely be one of the first places I posted this thread. It was there, about 6 threads down from the top, when I deleted it.

Sorry you didn't see it, but it got about the same reactions there as it did here (i.e., that sucks). For me to lie and say I put it up there (if I didn't) would make no sense, since at least several 100 people viewed the thread, and it would be easy enough for anybody to check by asking where it went.
Harvey, I believe you... I'm sure it was posted on your forum at some time... but, it wasn't posted there when I asked you why you posted it here and not there... anyway, I didn't mean to offend you... I just don't think non-related mic topics really belong on the HR mic forum. Oh well, I guess I was wrong... post anything you want... I don't care anymore.

PS... if there is anything I can do to help let me know... like a phone number and name I can call and bitch... or an email address everyone can fill with complaints and etc?

QUOTE.........."I just wanted to know why Harvey posted this crap on the HR mic forum and not on his own forum... "

Guess what DJ..............it's none of your fucking business!!!

QUOTE.........."it was NOT posted on his forum"

Please PROVE that it wasn't posted there before you bothered to go looking for it.

QUOTE.........."I didn't mean to offend anyone... "

Guess what #2........that's just what you continually manage to do!!!

QUOTE..........."I didn't think ......."

Obviously!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ausrock said:
QUOTE.........."I just wanted to know why Harvey posted this crap on the HR mic forum and not on his own forum... "

Guess what DJ..............it's none of your fucking business!!!

QUOTE.........."it was NOT posted on his forum"

Please PROVE that it wasn't posted there before you bothered to go looking for it.

QUOTE.........."I didn't mean to offend anyone... "

Guess what #2........that's just what you continually manage to do!!!

QUOTE..........."I didn't think ......."

Obviously!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Go fuck yourself assbite.

DJL said:
Harvey, I believe you... I'm sure it was posted on your forum at some time... but, it wasn't posted there when I asked you why you posted it here and not there... anyway, I didn't mean to offend you... I just don't think non-related mic topics really belong on the HR mic forum. Oh well, I guess I was wrong... post anything you want... I don't care anymore.

PS... if there is anything I can do to help let me know... like a phone number and name I can call and bitch... or an email address everyone can fill with complaints and etc?
It's been resolved - at least for now. Their link redirects people to our site, as originally agreed upon.

I've also asked the moderators to delete this thread ASAP. I don't know why you didn't see this thread on my forum since it was there, but further down on the thread list. After I posted I was going to take the threads down on the 3 other forums, I did.

But the honest answer to your question is that I DID, in fact, post it to my forum (and to Gearslutz, and to Harmony Central) about the same time I posted it here. And I removed it from those 3 forums shortly after I said I would remove it. Just posting it here and not there wouldn't make any sense, considering how pissed I was at the time.

With the exception of posting headphone info from time to time in the HR "Other Equipment and Reviews" forum, I've tried to keep my distribution stuff out of this forum, since that's the only commercial tie-in I have, other than the studio. We differ on Alan's involvement here, and I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The shoe stuff fits my definition of "Spam" - Alan's posts don't, again, in my opinion only.

Harvey Gerst said:
Just posting it here and not there wouldn't make any sense, considering how pissed I was at the time.
Exactly... and that's why I was curious... anyway, I didn't mean to offend you. With that said... I have nothing more to say about this.

Back