can I use my Zoom8080 guitar multi effect as a mic preamp for my shure c606 mic?

diannaZ

Hi

this might sound a little strange but: can I use my Zoom8080 electric guitar multi-effects as a microphone preamp with my shure c606 microphone ?
I think it has a built in preamp because I don't need an amp when I record it with cubase. just the electric guitar to zoom8080 to computer.
did anyone ever do something like that? do you know what settings should be used if it's a mic and not a guitar?

here are the specs of it:
samsontech.com/zoom/products/guitar-effects/8080/

Last edited:
Hi, well, I doubt if you'll get a very professional result. But give it a go, see how you like it!

Record a track with the Zoom and one without, see what you like best.

You might want to think about putting some money aside for something better though.

We all had to start somewhere. Experiment, have fun.

Hi, well, I doubt if you'll get a very professional result. But give it a go, see how you like it!

Record a track with the Zoom and one without, see what you like best.

You might want to think about putting some money aside for something better though.

We all had to start somewhere. Experiment, have fun.

I don't know what settings to use as a mic preamp. what effects to use. if I just plug the mic to it and play with the volume - there is an hiss...

I don't know what settings to use as a mic preamp. what effects to use. if I just plug the mic to it and play with the volume - there is an hiss...

Yeh,you'll get that.
For one, the pedal is expecting an instrument level signal which is different from a microphone level.
Microphone level is lower than instrument level, so you'd probably have to turn the pedal up hense the hiss.

The pedals input probably isn't balanced either which isn't gonna help with noise, but like chris said,
It's not ideal, but have fun. :)

Back