Can anyone tell what mic is this babe using?

Brand new in the 50's you could pick one up for $1.000. but that could well of been $7930.50 back then according to an inflation calculation.

Oh gosh, I hate the people who just cover every single pop hit....there's literally like 5,000,000 people who do that, and each one of them thinks they're gonna be epic. :facepalm:

sorry....end of mini-rant.

Brand new in the 50's you could pick one up for $1.000. but that could well of been $7930.50 back then according to an inflation calculation.
You could also pick up the average car for $1500. With the average salary only $3200. So if any thing they are more affordable now.

U47 came in either matte finish screens or chrome. U48's were only matte finish. The basket is not a Neumann but that doesnt identify the mic. I suspect its a U47 . Theres an STC4038 on the guitar so wherever this was done they know their mics.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I hate the people who just cover every single pop hit....there's literally like 5,000,000 people who do that, and each one of them thinks they're gonna be epic. :facepalm:

Pixie Lott is actually quite big over here in England. =P She has her own "pop hits". I think this cover would probably be a part of a compilation. We get a lot of them where famous people cover other famous people and they all get put on a disk covering each others' songs.

I'd rather hear one of the 5 million fans doing it. Least I don't then have to listen to the TV adverts going on and on and on every day for weeks.

This usta happen very frequently in the 50's and 60's - but a song would be covered in 3 or 4 different genres and would be a hit on the country, R&B and rock charts.

Yeah plus new artists do covers to help bring in traffic on youtube. If you like their cover you may actually like their music.

I also get sick of people who cover songs that everyone already knows. If you wanna do a cover then do something obscure so people don't immediately dislike it because its not the original.

I agree with the above that covers have been part of the landscape for decades, nothing noteworthy. Although I understand why you dislike covers, I don't like them either. But you must agree that there are also 5,000,000 people who play songs of their own and still sound like elevator music.

What really bugs me is that there are 5,000,000 singers who all sing in this clische style. But I suppose fads in vocal styles have been part of the landscape for decades too.

Back