C1 or B2??

Leeking

I am in the look out for a condensor mic around $200. My main applications will be vocals and acoustic gtr.

so far, I've pretty much made up my mind that C1 is the one.... but now that behringer has lower it's price, the behringer B2 may be a good contender for the money....

OK, on one hand we have the C1, a good value cordioid condensor mic.

on the other, we have the B2, with switchable polar patterns and bass roll-off, which will make it a more versatile mic. Don't let the brand name scare you..... ;)

so help me out guys..... which one will suit my application more?

Leeking,

Don't buy anything unless you think there's quality to it. The only reason I put emphasis on the C1, is I believe in it, and in my opinion, it's as close to anything you'll find in the high priced mics, for a very reasonable price. But the $200 tag, shouldn't affect your decision, your ears should be the judge of that.

Imagine

the b2 is better sounding to me and a few others i know than a $1500 mic.

I also prefer it to the c1s I've heard even though i am still waiting for Imagines post to make my final judgement on the c1

Hey, Download montys vox files and send him a rating 1-10 and youll be pleasantly surprised.

Don't leave out the Marshall MXL V67. Yours for $149 from Mars.

Queue

(I've got a C1, and I'll vouch for that one as well.)

Queue said:
Don't leave out the Marshall MXL V67. Yours for $149 from Mars.

Queue

(I've got a C1, and I'll vouch for that one as well.)

I can't seem to find Marshall in this part of the world. :(

Check the tail end of that Behringer Bang/Buck thread, there's a phone number and email address for Mars in Miami, apparently where they direct all their international business. I dunno if it will be too expensive to ship it there, but you could always check.

Then again, if you CAN get your hands on Studio Projects mics there, I'd go that route. There's a thread here that compares the two mics (MXL V67G and SP C1) and found them nearly identical.

Queue

I do preferr the C1 but the Behringer is a good value at its new price.

As far as the insides are concerned the B2 is a NT2 (rode).Only difference is the Outside Appearance. So if you like the rode nt2 go with the B2.

The CI has alot lower noise and more sensitve pickup.

Back