Buying Condenser Microphone from Amazon

Oba-One

Hi! I'm looking to purchase a condenser microphone under $200 from amazon and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

- What is the use ( singing, podcast/voiceover, acoustic guitar/other instrument, etc.)?
- Do you have a USB interface or plan to get one?
- Any particular reason for a condenser mic vs a dynamic (depending on intended use)?

I will never buy a piece of electronic equipment or photographic equipment from Amazon again. Their packaging is absolutely horrible on even the most delicate of items. I ordered a Blue Mouse from Amazon, and the package arrived in a box 4X too large for the microphone, and one deflated plastic bubble inside. The presentation box from Blue was smashed and the microphone loose in the cardboard shipping box. They did the same thing with a $1,000 zoom lens a year earlier. I only use Amazon.com for indestructible items.

I will never buy a piece of electronic equipment or photographic equipment from Amazon again. Their packaging is absolutely horrible on even the most delicate of items. I ordered a Blue Mouse from Amazon, and the package arrived in a box 4X too large for the microphone, and one deflated plastic bubble inside. The presentation box from Blue was smashed and the microphone loose in the cardboard shipping box. They did the same thing with a $1,000 zoom lens a year earlier. I only use Amazon.com for indestructible items.

Did you keep the Mouse? How did you like it?

Did you keep the Mouse? How did you like it?

The Mouse isn't impressive at all. I'm not sure if that is due to the abuse it took on the way to me, or if it just isn't an impressive mic. I don't use it because all of my less expensive mics sound better.

Back