Blue Yeti recording issue. need help

domjam

Hello all I hope this is the right place to ask this. I figured it would be since this is the microphones area. anyway to the point

I have a Blue yeti and when I try to record using it. there is a weird electric like beeping noise every second in the recording.. I dunno what it is or how to explain it but its not background noise or white noise or anything like that. I dont think its feedback either. Changing the gain dose nothing and this sound is persistent only when recording however the sound is not present when having live voice calls or pluging in headphones to the yeti so I can hear myself. dose anyone have any idea what it could be and how to get rid of it. its very frustrating

Which software are you using for it? Is it the metronome in your DAW? Garageband and Logic Pro have the metronome enabled by default, but you can turn them off.

Which software are you using for it? Is it the metronome in your DAW? Garageband and Logic Pro have the metronome enabled by default, but you can turn them off.

sorry for late reply.. i have no idea what you meen by metronome or DAW. im using audacity. this sound is really anoing me its presistant and i cant seem to get rid of it. few things to point out is it seems to be totaly random. but in all cases it is constant when recording and playback. at this moment i have my headphones pluged in to the mic and the sound is not there but when i right click my speaker icon to the right on my taskbar and click recording device..suddenly the sound is heard through the headset. any idea?

Sorry. Some digital audio workstations (DAW) have a metronome clicking at regular intervals. I'm sure Audacity doesn't have that.

When you mentioned that they were at regular intervals, I thought that it might have been generated by the software. Garageband and Logic Pro have a default of the metronome turned on, but I don't think it ends up on the recording. If you are not hearing it through the jack on the Blue Yeti, then I assume that it's being added by the software. Audacity has a feature called "click track". You can see it being used here.

When you mentioned that they were at regular intervals, I thought that it might have been generated by the software. Garageband and Logic Pro have a default of the metronome turned on, but I don't think it ends up on the recording. If you are not hearing it through the jack on the Blue Yeti, then I assume that it's being added by the software. Audacity has a feature called "click track". You can see it being used here.

i don't think this is anything to do with that. as that's something that you have to generate first.. besides this beep sound happens when audacity is not even running if i right click my speaker on the bottom right of my task bar and go to recording devices..the sound is suddenly present.

Sorry. Some digital audio workstations (DAW) have a metronome clicking at regular intervals. I'm sure Audacity doesn't have that.

Can be added as a track, but maybe not as a 'background' metronome.

Edit.... just noticed your 'here' link to the Youtube vid.

click.jpg

Last edited:
Back