Blue Yeti Microphone & Adobe Audition issue.

MattDaRealist

Basically, I have a Blue Yeti USB Mic, not the snowball one, the update of that. I have been using this mic with adobe audition for a while now to record vocals over instrumentals and have had no issues with it for a long time as I found a really good pre-set which made everything sound very clear and professional. However, recently while I was randomly playing around with the sample rate, or something...See the problem is i can't actually remember what i was playing around with, all i know is that i messed something up with the setting's because now when I record it doesn't come out as clear as it used to. Sometimes I have a hissing sound effect in the background and it just picks up more background noise, as well as just over-all not sounding as clear and balanced as it was before. I have changed the sample rates in my sound preferences several times to nearly all the different sample rates, i've played with the volume and shit, I also restored the default settings (I think) but for some reason, It just isn't coming out as clear as I KNOW it can come out. You see, to those who record over gameplay and shit like that, you guys would probably hear the quality of my mic and say "it sounds good to me", but to us musicians, we would easily be able to tell that the quality isn't up to scratch. I tried changing the sample rates on adobe audition too, it get's abit better when i fiddle around with the settings but it's still not as good. It just sound's way more fuzzy and worse quality. What should I do to get the besttt quality possible? should I restard adobe audition? or is there a way to 're-start' my microphone, if that makes sense :S. I dunno, anyway, any help would do.

Thanks

No, it's on the same settings, I tried all of the patterns too. Before, I used to keep the volume all the way up and it came out clear, now if i do that it just comes out loud as fuck, but when I put it down, the quality still doesn't come out as good as it used to.

Have you looked at settings in Windows or the software associated with the computers soundcard?
Below happens to be Line IN, but the microphone may have similar and may affect how the Yeti functions as on this link >>> Blue Microphones - Yeti Support

Attachments

• line in.jpg
    line in.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 31
How would i know what software is associated with my computers soundcard? Is that often Realtalk HD?

Also, I checked the settings on my Blue Yeti, they all seem fine but i just don't know what has changed, it just doesn't come out clear, I even changed programmes and tried audacity, it comes out even worse on there. I just want to know if theres a way I can literally restore all the settings to do with sound and recording on my laptop, as well as programmes, because something has obviously changed.

My ASUS PC has Realtek HD for managing the soundcard as shown in the image below. It might have some control of the Yeti mic. I know that within Realtek HD there is a setting that can max out the gain for the 3.5mm mic input, but not sure it would affect a USB mic. You really need to take the time to acquaint yourself with the inner workings of your laptops soundcards hardware and software, as most of us here can only give generic help for something that may be specific to your laptop.

Attachments

• realtek.jpg
    realtek.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 22
Back